Banana Cake – Part 3 of our recipe series: MARIPHIL Cooking Book 2016
To round a great meal in the Philippines, there is nothing better than serving a delicious slide of banana cake. This simple, but nevertheless popular pastry is available in several variations like the more firm one in the bakeshops and restaurants. In every case it is quite affordable and the cake is a great present for your colleagues when you return to the office. I sweetens every meeting and spends energy for the afternoon. Here in the children’s village it is an unchangeable element of any festive menu. The heart of the volunteers was also conquered in no time by the phenomenal cake, they cook it literally every week. The banana cake, a true golden oldie!
Cook: Mama Arlene
Cooking Time: One hour
Amount: Five Persons
- One mug of smashed banana
- One mug of brown sugar
- Three eggs
- Two mugs of flour
- 150 ml condensed milk
- Half a mug of oil
- One table spoon of baking powder
1. Mix all ingredients to get a smooth paste. Better spin a few time too often than less.
2. Put the paste into a cake pan and bake it in the oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 45 minutes. Please make sure, to check on the cake every 15 minutes.
3. Serve the cake with coffee, milk or together with other pastry.
Have a nice meal!